Starting a food business does seem like a lucrative sector to invest in, and in most cases, it indeed is thriving. However, what others don’t see from the outside is the complexity that the whole process includes. Before setting up your food business, you surely need to be aware of several factors and among which ensuring food hygiene and safety should be among your top priorities. And especially in this pandemic situation, hygiene is a must!
In the UK, there are strict laws for maintaining food safety in all premises. The law imposes strict punishment and fines in case of any deviation in food hygiene and safety. So, the best way to prepare yourself to tackle such situations is to equip yourself with adequate knowledge in this field. And not only any theoretical knowledge, but you also need to be able to implement it within your production system productively.
You may face a variety of contaminants on your premises, and what counts is the way how you handle them to ensure maximum safety. You would surely not want to put the lives of your consumers at risk. Thus, you would need to create a sustainable FSMS in your business. It is only possible if you and your team have the necessary training.
Our Certificate Level 1 in Food Hygiene and Safety course is designed to assist you with a systematic progression in reaching your goals. By highlighting the importance of hygiene in a food business, we gradually move on the acceptable hygiene practices and creating a sound FSMS system. Thus, your team will be able to follow all the regulations, and you can be assured that your food business will run smoothly.
Why Choose Skill Express?
- Instantly accessible CPD Accredited certificate on successful course completion
- 24/7 access to the course for lifetime
- Developed by qualified professionals with updated resources
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- No hidden fees or exam charges
Lessons we covered in this course
- The importance of food safety;
- The Food Safety Act of UK that regulates the safety of food in food premises and the responsibilities of food handlers;
- The various types of contaminants that are hazardous to health and measures to prevent contamination;
- The importance of a food safety management system in the workplace;
- The proper hygiene practices during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Good hygiene practices that reduce the risks and the role of food handlers;
- The importance of personal hygiene and the consequences of not maintaining best practices; and
- The importance of practising cleanliness throughout the workplace and what can help in maintaining high standards of hygiene.
Skills you will master
- Food Hygiene Maintenance
- Setup and Manage an FSMS
- Practising Cleanliness Throughout The Premises
How the course impacts your career
- Ensure hygiene in your business
- Better chance of employment
- Helps to regulate the business under the approved regulations
Who Should Take This Course?
- Front House Manager
- Waiter and Bartender
- Food Delivery Staffs
- Kitchen and Warehouse Employees
- Checkout Staff
After completing the course successfully, you will be required to pass an automated, multiple-choice questions test which will give you the instant result once you finish the exam. And you can get all of these in a one-time payment!
After completing the course, you will be eligible for a PDF Certificate which will cost only £2.99, with your unique ID number so that you/ the employers can verify through our website. You can also have your imprinted certificate delivered via post. Although there is no expiry date on the certificate, we recommend that our learners renew the certificate every twelve months
|Food Hygiene and Safety Level 1|
|Module 01: Introduction to Food Hygiene Legislation and Foodborne Illness||00:33:00|
|Module 02: Sources of Food Contamination||01:02:00|
|Module 03: Microbiological Hazard Controls||00:43:00|
|Module 04: Personal Hygiene||00:30:00|
|Module 05: Cleaning and Disinfection||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam – Food Hygiene and Safety Level 1||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Food Hygiene and Safety Level 1||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.