The industries that require manual handling are vast. It covers a wide extent of activities that include: lifting, holding, carrying, pushing, pulling, limiting and tossing. It incorporates repetitive tasks such as packing, typing, assembling, cleaning and sorting, utilising hand-tools, operating machinery and equipment, and handling. Although many of the works do not pose any risk, there are some works which may prove to be more hazardous than others. Also, all people engaged in any manual work needs to be trained to tackle any possible dangers in the field.
The health problems relating to any physical labour may result to be fatal in the long run. For instance, degradation of the musculoskeletal system due to continual lifting and handling activities is widespread and dangerous. Moreover, heavy lifting and disorientation in work deteriorate the health condition even further. That’s why the employees must take necessary training, and employers must ensure that.
Our Manual Handling and Work-related Accidents course is designed to offer the workers with enough knowledge that allows them to ensure overall safety in the workplace. You will get in-depth knowledge on handling of loads, the musculoskeletal system, and musculoskeletal disorders. Alongside, you will understand the responsibilities of the employer on risk assessment and mitigation, labelling of loads, online guidance of HSE and other related legislation (MOHR). Therefore, you will be able to work in conditions that would favour you, your employees, and your organisation.
- Instantly accessible CPD Accredited certificate on successful course completion
- 24/7 access to the course for lifetime
- Developed by qualified professionals with updated resources
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- No hidden fees or exam charges
Lessons we covered in this course
- Get in-depth knowledge of manual handling of loads.
- Learn about the musculoskeletal system and musculoskeletal disorders
- Understand the responsibilities of employers and employees engaged in the work Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR)
- Attain skills to identify risks and performing risk assessment associated with them
- Acquire knowledge on risk contributing factors and identifying professionals prone to injury
- Learn about the fundamental mechanics of human movement
- Learn about accurate lifting techniques and guidance on reducing risks of manual handling
Skills You Will Master
- Handling of loads
- musculoskeletal system and musculoskeletal disorders
- Relevant legislation
- The accurate techniques used in the work
How the Course Impacts Your Career
- Ensures safety within your premises
- Makes your organisation more credible
- Makes you credible in the case of recruitments in relevant positions
Who Should Take This Course?
- Factory staff
- Warehouse workers
- Construction workers
- Delivery staffs
- Agricultural workers
- Office staff
After completing the course successfully, you will be required to pass an automated, multiple-choice questions test which will give you the instant result once you finish the exam. And you can get all of these in a one-time payment!
After completing the course, you will be eligible for a PDF Certificate which will cost only £2.99, with your unique ID number so that you/ the employers can verify through our website. You can also have your imprinted certificate delivered via post. Although there is no expiry date on the certificate, we recommend that our learners renew the certificate every twelve months
|Module 01: Manual Handling: Basics and Legislation||00:24:00|
|Module 02: Manual Handling Hazards||00:30:00|
|Module 03: Manual Handling Risk Assessment||00:24:00|
|Module 04: Manual Handling Risk Controls||00:25:00|
|Module 05: Safe Manual Handling||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Manual Handling Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Manual Handling Training||00:20:00|