We all have many small addictions, and we also know how badly we are dependent on these small things. For a matter of fact, people are chained to habits and when we grow a habit of something that causes harm to us and deteriorates our lives, that turns into an addiction. And in many cases, these habits may turn into our cause of demise. That is why it is crucial that we remain aware of such harmful addictions like substance abuse and be cautious about the people around us as well. And this is where Psychology and Therapy of Addictions related knowledge comes in.
For aspiring therapists and counsellors, importance having in-depth knowledge in the matter is unparalleled. That is why taking our Psychology and Therapy of Addictions Course is a great opportunity for new as well as experienced professional to get a better insight into this topic. Through gradually progressing from basics, our course will give you all the necessary info you need to shine in both your personal and work life!
Highlights of The Course
- Fundamentals Cognitive Behaviour
- Basic understanding of basics of Theories of Addiction
- Understanding pf counselling and therapy for people with addictions
- Awareness of alcoholic and drug addiction related disorders
- How to become a ‘Substance Misuse Worker’
- Treatments for drug addiction
- Co-dependency and relapse
- Role as a ‘Helper’ in cases of drug addiction
The Psychology and Therapy of Addictions Course is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kick start their career relating to Therapy of Addiction as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of the topic, then this program is perfect for you.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
- Theories of addiction
- Tackling own addiction
- Offering treatment and counsel for addicted patients
- Learning the role of a helper in drug abuse cases
Why Choose Skill Express?
- Instantly accessible CPD Accredited certificate on successful course completion
- 24/7 access to the course for lifetime
- Developed by qualified professionals with updated resources
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- No hidden fees or exam charges
After completing the course successfully, you will be required to pass an automated, multiple-choice questions test which will give you the instant result once you finish the exam. And you can get all of these in a one-time payment!
After completing the course, you will be eligible for a PDF Certificate which will cost only £2.99, with your unique ID number so that you/ the employers can verify through our website. You can also have your imprinted certificate delivered via post. Although there is no expiry date on the certificate, we recommend that our learners renew the certificate every twelve months
Who Is This Course For?
Psychology and Therapy of Addictions Course is Designed By Qualified Professionals.
This comprehensive course is suitable for beginners and who want to gain a better understanding of Psychology and Therapy of Addictions
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the Psychology and Therapy of Addictions Course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with an accredited qualification that can be used to enhance your CV.
This course is perfect for aspiring,
- Psychology and counselling students
- Students of therapeutic sciences
- Professionals working in a mental health-related service
- Professional therapists
Psychology and Therapy of Addictions Course is Designed By Qualified Professionals
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
This Course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your qualifications to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry. This course will impact your career in the following way,
- Opens career opportunities in the relevant fields
- Makes you credible in any workplace seeking Psychology and Therapy of Addictions
|Theories of Addiction|
|The Moral Model||00:06:00|
|The Psychological Model||00:07:00|
|The Medical/Disease Model||00:10:00|
|The Minnesota Model||00:05:00|
|Counselling and Therapy||00:07:00|
|Harm Reduction Model||00:05:00|
|Treatments in Practice||00:06:00|
|Addiction in Society|
|Drug Policies, Legislation and Decriminalisation||00:09:00|
|Community Change, Outreach, Harm Reduction or Abstinence||00:07:00|
|Alcohol and Drug Education||00:06:00|
|Alcohol and Drug-Related Issues in The Workplace||00:06:00|
|Addiction in Families|
|Co-Dependency, Children of Alcoholic Families, Parenting Styles and Family Factors||00:08:00|
|Relapse for Families, ‘letting Go’, Dependent Attitudes and Dependent Behaviours||00:05:00|
|The Intervention Approach||00:05:00|
|Working with Addiction|
|Why Be a Helper||00:04:00|
|Helper Qualities and Attitudes||00:04:00|
|The Art of Accepting||00:04:00|
|Assignment: Psychology and Therapy of Addictions||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.