Age is beauty, with age people grow up, explore and fit themselves in life, but as we grow old our body function changes. We start to experience tooth decay, our hair turns white, we become weak. Apart from the physical problems, elderly people suffer from mental health conditions due to aging. Psychology of Old Age is also known as Geriatric psychology. Psychology of Old Age deals with the mental health condition due to aging. This section of psychology helps assess and cure the feeling of loneliness in old age, Alzheimer, dementia, depression, anxiety and other mental discomforts or sickness.
In this Psychology of Old Age course, you will know about the psychology of old age, you will be able to assess the condition of your elderly client and give them proper treatment as they require. If you are a relative or carer of any elderly person this course will help you to understand the psychological condition of the older person. This course is made by a professional, very easily demonstrated and comes with a piece of valuable knowledge and certificate to expertise you in Psychology of Old Age!
Highlights of The Psychology of Old Age Course
- Life stages and theories related to old age
- Memory related issues and diseases
- Chronic illness
- Loneliness factors in the elderly population
- Coping with issues
- Exercising and balanced life
- Understanding older people psychology
- Description of developmental psychology
- Stereotypes of older people and effects on older people
The Psychology of Old Age course is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kick start their career relating to Psychology of Old Age as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of the topic, then this program is perfect for you.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
Skills You Will Master
- Understanding the psychology of old age
- Coping up with loneliness, depression, alzheimer, dementia
- Understanding memory-related issues in older age
- Difference between ‘Alzheimer’s disease’ and ‘dementia’
- What is ‘developmental psychology’
- The coping strategies with elderly people and aging
- Caring elderly people
- Nutrition and exercise in old age?
Why Choose Skill Express?
- Instantly accessible CPD Accredited certificate on successful course completion
- 24/7 access to the course for lifetime
- Developed by qualified professionals with updated resources
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- No hidden fees or exam charges
Who Is This Course For?
Psychology of Old Age course is Designed By Qualified Professionals.
This comprehensive psychology of Old Age course is suitable for beginners and who want to gain a better understanding of Gerontology.
This course is perfect for:
- Anyone who wants to learn about ‘older age’ psychology (gerontology)
- Anyone who is interested in various topics related to psychology
- Anyone who is planning their career in psychology and/or caring environment
- Anyone who is looking after the elderly
- Anyone who would like to learn theories of ‘old age’
After completing the course successfully, you will be required to pass an automated, multiple-choice questions test which will give you the instant result once you finish the exam. And you can get all of these in a one-time payment!
Certification of Course
After completing the course, you will be eligible for a PDF Certificate which will cost only £2.99, with your unique ID number so that you/ the employers can verify through our website. You can also have your imprinted certificate delivered via post. Although there is no expiry date on the certificate, we recommend that our learners renew the certificate every twelve months
Psychology of Old Age Course is Designed By Qualified Professionals
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds
- A desire to be successful
- Have an interest in older people’s Psychology
- Have an interest in working with old people
- Have an interest in psychology, therapy, and working with people
This Psychology of Old Age course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your qualifications to your CV to enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
You can explore your career in:
- Counselling psychology
- Social care
- Carer for old people
- Nurse for old people
|About Your Course|
|About Your Tutor of Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology Course||00:02:00|
|About Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology Course||00:03:00|
|Introduction to Psychology of Older Age|
|What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?||00:06:00|
|What is ‘Gerontology’?||00:10:00|
|What we consider as ‘old age’||00:09:00|
|What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens||00:09:00|
|Psychology of Older Age|
|Common Stereotypes of Older People||00:08:00|
|How Stereotyping Affects Older People||00:09:00|
|Life Stages and Theories||00:12:00|
|What Do We Look Forward to In Our Older Age?||00:06:00|
|Mental Health and Old Age|
|Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia||00:08:00|
|Chronic Illness and Disabilities||00:08:00|
|Substance Abuse (addictions)||00:07:00|
|The Quality of Life|
|What is ‘Quality of Life’?||00:06:00|
|Loneliness Factors in The Elderly Population||00:08:00|
|Coping with Grief and Bereavement||00:07:00|
|‘Mild’ and ‘severe’ depression||00:08:00|
|Fear of Dying (‘death Anxiety’)||00:09:00|
|Improving Health and Wellbeing|
|The Effects of Exercising||00:09:00|
|Is It Worth Eating ‘healthy’ in Older Age?||00:10:00|
|What Else Affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?||00:08:00|
|Caring for Older People||00:06:00|
No Reviews found for this course.