Gerontology is the study of the socio-cultural, emotional, cognitive and biological aspects of ageing. This Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course is intended to improve the knowledge and skills of individuals who work with older adults by offering an interactive opportunity that is multidimensional. If you want to learn about the psychology of older age then this is a perfect course for you! You are in the right place, whether you are developing a professional career as a therapist, coach, psychologist or carer, or you are studying for your own personal interest!
Elmira Strange, A certified life coach talks about mental health and their management in this Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course. She spreads her knowledge of quality life and individual anxiety. This Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course explicitly described important topics such as stereotypes of older people, memory-related issues, different diseases and disabilities. Elmira Strange also talks about the effect of exercising for a healthy life. Along with a broad description of the field of old age psychology as a whole, a number of significant theoretical concepts and practical skills are presented to learners in this course.
Highlights of The course
- Understanding older people psychology
- Description of developmental psychology
- Stereotypes of older people and effects on older people
- Life stages and theories related to old age
- Memory related issues and diseases
- Chronic illness
- Loneliness factors in the elderly population
- Coping with issues
- Exercising and balanced life
The Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kick start their career relating to Old Age Psychology as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of the topic, then this program is perfect for you.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
Skills You Will Master
- Thorough understanding of psychology related to ‘older age’
- How to avoid loneliness, depression and anxiety in older age?
- Understanding of memory-related issues in older age
- Difference between ‘Alzheimer’s disease’ and ‘dementia’ What is ‘developmental psychology’
- What are the coping strategies?
- How to care for older people?
- How important ‘nutrition’ and exercising in older age?
Why Choose Skill Express?
- Lifetime Access
- Quality course developed by qualified professionals out of high quality and updated resources
- Easily demonstrated and interactive lessons almost diminish the gap between virtual and physical training.
- We provide A well-recognised Free PDF certificate.
- 100 per cent online self-paced courses with 24/7 tutor/customer support
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
- Quickly adaptable and always available courses designed to learn in any device
Who Is This Course For?
Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course is Designed By Qualified Professionals.
This comprehensive Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course is suitable for beginners and who want to gain a better understanding of Gerontology. Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with an accredited qualification that can be used to enhance your CV.
This course is perfect for:
- Authors of books, courses, etc
- Online project developers
- Motivational speaker
- YouTube influencer
- Anyone who wants to learn about ‘older age’ psychology (gerontology)
- Anyone who is interested in various topics related to psychology
- Anyone who is planning their career in psychology and/or caring environment
- Anyone who is looking after the elderly
- Anyone who would like to learn theories of ‘old age’
Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology Course is Designed By Qualified Professionals
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds
- A desire to be successful
- An interest in learning how to be more productive and efficient in your work
- Have an interest in older people’s Psychology
- Have an interest in working with old people
- Have an interest in psychology, therapy, and working with people
This Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your qualifications to your CV to enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry. This course will impact your career in the following way,
- Opens career opportunities in the relevant fields
- Makes you credible in any workplace seeking Old Age Psychology
|About Your Course|
|About Your Tutor of Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology Course||00:02:00|
|About Psychology of Older Age: Gerontology Course||00:03:00|
|Introduction to Psychology of Older Age|
|What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?||00:06:00|
|What is ‘Gerontology’?||00:10:00|
|What we consider as ‘old age’||00:09:00|
|What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens||00:09:00|
|Psychology of Older Age|
|Common Stereotypes of Older People||00:08:00|
|How Stereotyping Affects Older People||00:09:00|
|Life Stages and Theories||00:12:00|
|What Do We Look Forward to In Our Older Age?||00:06:00|
|Mental Health and Old Age|
|Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia||00:08:00|
|Chronic Illness and Disabilities||00:08:00|
|Substance Abuse (addictions)||00:07:00|
|The Quality of Life|
|What is ‘Quality of Life’?||00:06:00|
|Loneliness Factors in The Elderly Population||00:08:00|
|Coping with Grief and Bereavement||00:07:00|
|‘Mild’ and ‘severe’ depression||00:08:00|
|Fear of Dying (‘death Anxiety’)||00:09:00|
|Improving Health and Wellbeing|
|The Effects of Exercising||00:09:00|
|Is It Worth Eating ‘healthy’ in Older Age?||00:10:00|
|What Else Affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?||00:08:00|
|Caring for Older People||00:06:00|
No Reviews found for this course.